- Plant Name: Melocactus Zehntneri
- Placement: Indoor
- Plant Diameter: 2.5 Upto inches
- Ceramic pot Size: 3 inches
- Pot Color: Red
About Melocactus Zehntneri Cactus –
Melocactus Zehntneri plants are easily recognizable by their cephalium, that have a covering of wool and orange or red bristles, the undeveloped plant looks like a smallish barrel cactus, and there is nothing in its appearance that would suggest a Melocactus has long amber-brown arched spines. The fruit of this plant sometimes remain embedded inside the cephalium bristles, with seeds waiting, perhaps, for the parent plant to die and provide a bit of organic matter for them to germinate in their amazingly unfriendly environments.
How to care for Melocactus Zehntneri Cactus: –
- Place the plant in Natural indirect bright light.
- DO not put the plant in direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- Soil should be well-drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Water the plant when topsoil (2-3 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Reduce water during the winter season.