- Plant Name – Alpinia Purpurata / Red Ginger Plant
- Placement – Outdoor/Partly Shade
- Height – Upto 10 inches
- Plastic Pot Dimensions – 5 inches
About Alpinia Purpurata Plant
Alpinia purpurata is an evergreen, herbaceous, perennial plant. It can produce a cluster of leafy stems 3 – 4 metres tall from an underground. The plant is reaped from the wild for local use as a medicine. Widely grown as an ornamental in the tropics, the flower is often used in the cut flower industry.
Benefits having Alpinia Purpurata Plant at home
- The fruit is used to treat sores.
- The leaves is used in the treatment of stomach complaints.
How to care Alpinia Purpurata Plant
- Prefers a position in light shade.
- Requires a moist, fertile soil.
- Plants can flower all year round.