Product Details: –
- Stevia Plant
- Scientific Name: Stevia Rebaudiana
- Plant Placement: Outdoor
- Type of Plant: Herbs
- Plant height: 6 inches
- Pot Type: Black Garden Plastic Pot
- Pot Size: 5 inches
About Plant: –
Stevia is known as sweet leaf, a flowering plant in the aster family, grownup for its sweet-tasting leaves. It is native to Paraguay, where it has a long history of use by the Guaraní people.
Stevia is a sweet-tasting plant that has been used to sweeten drinks and make tea since the 16th century. It is used as a non-nutritive sweetener and herbal complement. As an another to sucrose, or table sugar, using stevia as a sweetener carries the potential for considerable health benefits. The low-calorie count is suitable Stevia to be a healthy alternative for diabetes control or weight loss.
Benefits of stevia Plant:-
- Extracts from stevia leaves have been used in the conventional treatment of diabetes.
- Stevia has antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour, antifungal, anti-diarrheal, anti-hypertensive, and hypoglycemic properties.
- Stevia may help in weight loss as it has fewer calories compared to sugar.
- Being a herb, stevia contains many vitals minerals, vitamins that are selectively absent in the sugar and artificial sweeteners.
How to Care Stevia Plant: –
- This herb needs full sun so keep the plant in bright direct sunlight.
- It grows well in loamy and fertile soil with good drainage.
- Water the plant when the top(1-2 inches) of soil feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot the plant for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
- Prune the plant throughout the year to control its size and promote bushier and more dense growth.
- Reduce watering during winter to prevent diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where can I buy a Stevia plant?
It is hard to find this plant in the local nursery, but it is available online you can place your order with us.
How to grow stevia plant from seeds?
- Sow stevia seeds indoors 8-10 weeks after the winter season.
- Sow seeds ¼ inches deep in seed-starting soil mix.
- Sow double the amount of seeds as the germination rate of stevia is lower than the other plants.
- Seedlings will emerge in 2-3 weeks.
- As soon as seedlings emerge, provide plenty of filtered light.
- Seedlings do not need much fertilizer, feed when they are 3-4 weeks.
- Be sure not to overwater, water when the topsoil surface is dry.