- Ashwagandha Plant
- Placement: Outdoor
- Botanical Name: Withania Somnifera
- Plant Type: Herb
- Plant Height – 6-10 Inches
- Pot type: Plastic
- Pot size: 5 inches
About Ashwagandha Plant:-
Ashwagandha is a small shrub with yellow flowers that’s native to India and North Africa. It is known as one of the great rejuvenative herbs of India. According to Ayurveda, the root of this low-growing shrub is said to be effective for a host of debilitating conditions, such as general weakness, impotence, infertility, and others. Ashwagandha is sometimes described as “Indian Ginseng” for the significance of this botanical use in Indian traditional medicines.
How to care Ashwagandha Plant:-
- Use sandy and well-draining soil in a way that water will drain out quickly.
- Water the plant when the top(1-2 inches) of soil feels dry to touch.
- Prune the plant throughout the year to control its size and promote bushier and more dense growth.
- Reduce watering during winter to prevent diseases.
- Apply aged manure or compost near the base of the plant.
- Do not re-pot the plant for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.